Tuesday Lunchtime Meetings
Lunch meetings take place every Tuesday lunchtime during term-time. They feature talks by ICG members, attended by the whole group, and alternate between descriptions of own research and journal reviews.
Time and place: 11:55 am, Dennis Sciama Building, 2nd floor, room 2.14
Organisers: Florian Beutler, Jennifer Pollack
See past events
- Santiago Avila: Modelling the clustering of the Dark Energy Survey Y1-BAO galaxy sample on 28th Mar 2017 12:00:pm Measurements of the BAO in DES require hundreds of mock catalogues in order to estimate covariance matrices and infer the error on the BAO scale. I will present HALOGEN, a method for fast generation of halo mock catalogues, based on 2LPT and an exponential bias. Subsequently, I will describe the method utilised to create 1296...
- Marco Surace on 25th Apr 2017 12:00:pm
- Russell Johnson, Rank Group, “From Astronomy to Data Science” on 2nd May 2017 12:00:pm
- Directors lunch on 9th May 2017 12:00:pm free food!
- Florent Leclercq on 16th May 2017 12:00:pm TBD
- Jianhui Lian on 23rd May 2017 12:00:pm TBD
- Hans Winther on 30th May 2017 12:00:pm TBD
- Wojciech Hellwing on 6th Jun 2017 12:00:pm TBD