To be able to print at the ICG you will need to be connected to the network or on VPN wirelessly. You will need admin rights to be able to add a printer, please contact ICG computing to do so.
There are two printers in the break room on the third floor :-
- Colour – Pr-Dennis-Sc-3-15-COLOUR (220.127.116.11) – HP Color LaserJet M553
- Black and White – Pr-Dennis-Sc-3-15-MONO (18.104.22.168) – HP LaserJet M604
You can also send prints to the Sharp photocopier but only do this in an emergency or if you really need A3 print-outs. The ICG is charged per sheet, this is expensive compared to the conventional printers.
- Sharp Photocopier – Pr-Dennis-Sc-3-15-MFD (22.214.171.124) – MX-3070N
There is also a black and white printer on the second floor in room 2.04.
- Black and White – 126.96.36.199 – Samsung ML-451x 501x Series
and another colour printer in room 2.07
- Colour – 188.8.131.52 – Samsung CLP-620
To add a printer:
- You will need Admin access to add a printer.
- For Windows IS have to remotely log in to your machine to add.
- Linux, please ask ICG IT team if you don’t have admin rights.
- MacOS, please ask ICG IT team if you don’t have admin rights.
- If on Eduroam(wifi) connect to VPN and follow the procedure below
- If wired to the network follow the procedure below
Windows – You will need IS to add the printer using an admin account.
Linux – if you are on your personal laptop, use CUPS to detect/add the printers with the IPs listed above. For ICG workstations, email email@example.com with your IP address (output of ifconfig)
macOS – Add printer using the IP address, choose HP Jetdirect – socket protocol and Generic PCL Printer software.