Theoretical Cosmology Meetings
Weekly meeting on theoretical cosmology research, mainly supported by our STFC consolidated grant, covering the very early universe, modified gravity, and dark energy. We meet Wednesdays from 1-2pm in DS 2.08. Note that during the pandemic, this seminar series is online. Please contact the organiser for the zoom link if you wish to attend.
Organiser: Emir Gumrukcuoglu
Show past events
- Masato Minamitsuji (Lisbon) on 27th Oct 2021 1:00:pm Title: Frame invariance in higher-order gravitational theories || Abstract: || In the first part, we investigate whether the cosmological perturbations are invariant under general disformal transformation with the second-order covariant derivatives of the scalar field. We show that on superhorizon scales the difference in the comoving curvature perturbations between frames is given by the combination...
- Davide Gualdi (Barcelona) on 3rd Nov 2021 1:00:pm Title: Cosmology from the anisotropic bispectrum and trispectrum: prospects and tests on N-body simulations || Abstract: || Current and future spectroscopic surveys such as DESI and Euclid will cover an observed volume at least one order of magnitude larger than current state-of-the-art surveys. The increased signal-to-noise will allow higher-order statistics to significantly improve the constraints...
- Cristian Barrera-Hinojosa (Durham) on 10th Nov 2021 1:00:pm
- Andrew Gow (ICG) on 17th Nov 2021 1:00:pm
- Daniel G. Figueroa (IFIC, Valencia) on 24th Nov 2021 1:00:pm
- Deanna Hooper (ULB, Brussels) on 1st Dec 2021 1:00:pm