The University of Portsmouth has its own repository for research papers. This is called “Pure”, and all papers that have authors or co-authors employed by the University of Portsmouth are expected to be uploaded to this repository. The accepted versions of papers need to be uploaded within 3 months of acceptance (HEFCE’s requirement).
Once you have uploaded accepted versions (post-print) of a paper to arXIv, follow these steps:
- Login (https://pure.port.ac.uk/admin university username & password) and click the green ‘add new’ button (on the right).
- Click Research Outputs (left-hand menu), and then ‘Import from online source’.
- Then select arXiv.
- Search for your publication (using the archive number).
- Click on include pdf (at bottom).
- Click Import.
- Check the publication details, including adding the full date of acceptance.
- Ensure the version of the article imported is the post-print (ie. after peer-review changes have been incorporated) and NOT the pre-print. Funders and HEFCE do not count the pre-print. (It needs to have been uploaded to arXiv after the acceptance date and should not say ‘pre-print’ on it). (Info on the different versions of articles).
- Scroll down, select ‘For Validation’ and then click Save.
- You may have to add/alter a small number of details at this stage.
You can check the original instructions here and there is also a ‘Quick guide to uploading publications to Pure‘ and information on how ICG academics can set up notifications in Pure.