Theoretical Cosmology Meetings
Weekly meeting on theoretical cosmology research, mainly supported by our STFC consolidated grant, covering the very early universe, modified gravity, and dark energy. We meet Wednesdays from 1-2pm in DS 2.08.
Organiser: Matteo Fasiello, Obinna Umeh
Show past events
- Julian Adamek(QMUL) on 17th Oct 2018 1:00:pm Title: Relativistic effects in cosmic large-scale structure Abstract: As our advanced telescopes produce ever larger and deeper maps of our Universe we need to consider that observations are taken on our past light cone and on a spacetime geometry that is pervaded by small distortions. I will discuss how these aspects can be addressed...
- Atsuhisa Ota (Utrecht University) on 24th Oct 2018 1:00:pm TBA
- Ryo Namba (McGill) on 31st Oct 2018 1:00:pm Title: Abstract:
- Pedro Carrilho (Queen Mary University of London) on 7th Nov 2018 1:00:pm TBA
- Chulmoon Yoo on 14th Nov 2018 1:00:pm Title: TBA Abstract: TBA
- David Marsh (Cambridge) on 21st Nov 2018 1:00:pm Title: TBA | Abstract: TBA |
- Jessie Durk (Queen Mary University of London) on 28th Nov 2018 1:00:pm Title: TBA Abstract: TBA
- Developing Diversity in Physics (SEPnet Sharing Good Practice Workshop) on 5th Dec 2018 1:00:pm Developing Diversity in Physics SEPnet Sharing Good Practice Workshop Wednesday 5 December 2018 12.00 – 17.00 University of Portsmouth University of Portsmouth Institute of Cosmology & Gravitation (ICG) is hosting a Diversity in Physics workshop on behalf of the South East Physics Network (SEPnet). As recent events have highlighted, unconscious and cultural biases continue to...
- Tays Miranda and Emmanuel Frion (UFES, Brazil) on 12th Dec 2018 1:00:pm Title: TBA | Abstract: TBA |
- Diego Blas (KCL) on 3rd Apr 2019 1:00:pm Title: TBA | Abstract: TBA |