Theoretical Cosmology Meetings
Weekly meeting on theoretical cosmology research, mainly supported by our STFC consolidated grant, covering the very early universe, modified gravity, and dark energy. We meet Wednesdays from 1-2pm in DS 2.08.
Organiser: Vincent Vennin
Show past events
- Tommi Tenkanen (TBD) on 3rd May 2017 1:00:pm
- Jerome Quintin (McGill, Montreal), Cosmological perturbations in a contracting universe and black hole formation on 10th May 2017 1:00:pm Abstract: Motivated by bouncing cosmology, I will describe the evolution of cosmological perturbations in a contracting universe dominated by a general hydrodynamical fluid. I will show that under certain conditions, the perturbations can grow non-linearly to a point where they can collapse into black holes, and I will describe the black holes that would result...
- No theory seminar due to university Athena-SWAN/diversity conference on 17th May 2017 1:00:pm
- Chandrima Ganguly (DAMTP, Cambridge) TBA on 24th May 2017 1:00:pm
- Kostas Skenderis (Southampton), TBA on 31st May 2017 1:00:pm
- Alkistis Pourtsidou (TBA) on 14th Jun 2017 1:00:pm