Here you can find details of any upcoming public events (if no events are listed then we do not have any upcoming events at this time). A full list including past events can be found here.
The ICG also runs the Portsmouth branch of ‘Astronomy on Tap‘ events, where our researchers give short talks in a local pub (events every ~3 months).
Our schools outreach programme focuses on working with our three partner secondary schools in Portsmouth (Mayfield School, Portsmouth Academy and Trafalgar School) and their feeder primary/junior schools. This unfortunately means that we have limited capacity to work with other schools. Events that are open to schools outside of the schools outreach programme will be advertised and booked through the University of Portsmouth Recruitment and Outreach Team. However if you are a teacher and would like to book onto a specific event or discuss what’s coming up then please contact the ICG Public Engagement and Outreach Manager, Dr Jen Gupta, on jennifer.gupta ‘at’ port.ac.uk.
Other Local Public Astronomy/Physics/Science events:
- Portsmouth District Physical Society
- Cafe Scientifique, Portsmouth.
- Portsmouth Skeptics in the Pub.
- Hampshire Astronomical Group Public Lectures (Clanfield, near Waterlooville).
- Public Events of the Dept. of Physics and Astronomy, University of Sussex (Brighton).
- Winchester Science Centre Space Lectures series.