Colloquia are held at 2:30 pm on Thursdays in the Dennis Sciama Building. They feature talks by external speakers. Talks are preceded by lunch with the speaker, and followed by tea.
Colloquium organisers: Marco Bruni, Daniel Whalen
Show past events
- Duncan Forbes (Swinburne University, Melbourne) on 29th Jun 2017 Prof. Duncan Forbes‘s interests span most of extragalactic astronomy and cosmology, however he focusus on observational aspects of galaxy formation and evolution. He has a leading role in the international SAGES project (Study the Astrophysics of Globular clusters in Extragalactic Systems) which combines HST and Subaru imaging with Keck spectra to better understand globular cluster...
- Germano Nardini (University of Bern) TBA on 13th Jul 2017
- Christopher Usher (Liverpool), TBA on 19th Oct 2017
- Stefano Liberati (SISSA, Italy) TBA on 2nd Nov 2017
- Carsten van de Bruck (Sheffield) TBA on 9th Nov 2017