Colloquia are held at 2:30 pm on Thursdays in the Dennis Sciama Building. They feature talks by external speakers. Talks are preceded by lunch with the speaker, and followed by tea.
Colloquium organisers: Marco Bruni, Daniel Whalen
Show past events
- Christopher Usher (Liverpool), TBA on 19th Oct 2017
- Syksy Rasanen (Helsinki) TBA on 26th Oct 2017
- Stefano Liberati (SISSA, Italy) TBA on 2nd Nov 2017
- Carsten van de Bruck (Sheffield) TBA on 9th Nov 2017
- Carlos Sopuerta (Barcelona) TBA on 16th Nov 2017
- Silke Weinfurtner (Nottingham) TBA on 23rd Nov 2017
- Andrina Nicola (ETH Zurich), TBA on 30th Nov 2017
- Tilman Hartwig (University of Tokyo), Observing the First Stars with Gravitational Waves, High-Redshift Supernovae, and Galactic Archaeology on 14th Dec 2017 I will present different methods and theoretical models on the detection of the first stars, which play a crucial role in galaxy formation, but which have not yet been observed. The first stars, which are believed to be more massive than present-day stars, might be indirectly observable by the gravitational wave emission of the merger...