Dr Violeta Gonzalez-Perez
Position: Dennis Sciama FellowE-mail: violeta.gonzalez-perez(at port.ac.uk)
Telephone: +44 (0)2392 845066Office: DS2.03Personal Website
Research interests: Galaxy formation and evolution and cosmology
Publications from UKADS
Publications from INSPIRE
Publications from arXiv
Publications from the UoP Research Portal
External talks (academic)
External talks (outreach)
- eBOSS meeting on 14th Feb 2018 1:00:pm 15′ talk in the Galaxy Physics session. 7-9 February 2018
- Talk at ‘The Physics of Quenching Massive Galaxies at High Redshift’ on 20th Nov 2017 1:00:pm I presented my most recent work in the Lorentz center Workshop ‘The Physics of Quenching Massive Galaxies at High Redshift’, 6-10 November 2017, Leiden, the Netherlands.
- Seminar at UAM, Spain on 26th Apr 2017 2:00:pm During my visit to the Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, I gave the weekly seminar on my most recent work on emission line galaxies.
- eBOSS/DESI meeting on 5th Dec 2016 1:00:pm Attendance to the eBOSS/DESI meeting where I chaired 2 sessions and gave a short update of my science project.
- Argentina’ seminars and teaching. on 26th Sep 2016 3:30:pm I attended the MultiDark workshop, in La Plata, Argentina, where I gave a talk, tought a hands on course for 8h on galaxy modelling and then gave the weekly seminar at Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- EWASS 2016 on 4th Jul 2016 8:30:am During the European week of Astronomy I contributed with a talk during the following sessions: http://eas.unige.ch/EWASS2016/session.jsp?id=S5 http://eas.unige.ch/EWASS2016/session.jsp?id=SS12
- RAS NAM 2016 on 30th Jun 2016 Invited review talk during RAS NAM 2016 in the session dedicated to quenching of star formation in galaxies. Title: “A theoretical prespective on quenching” Abstract: In this talk, I will give an overview of the mechanisms that quench star formation in model galaxies and how these compare to observations. In particular, I will talk about...
- Rapid talk at the DESI meeting on 20th Jun 2016 9:00:am During the Dark Energy Survey Instrument (DESI) meeting in Durham, I gave one of the 2min rapid talks to talk about how modelled [OII] emitters trace the underlying dark matter.
- L-Galaxies compared to other models on 11th Feb 2016 12:30:pm Talk given during the L-Galaxies Workshop held in Munich.
- eBOSS talk on 3rd Feb 2016 9:30:am Talk introducing the Cosmological Simulations working group during the eBOSS meeting held in Laussane, Switzerland.
- Invited seminar in Turku and Helsinki on 28th Jan 2016 5:30:pm “Issues with making galaxies in the computer relatively fast” In this talk I will introduce the different methods for modelling the formation and evolution of galaxies, giving a more thorough review on the semi-analytical approach. I will focus then on some of the challenges we encounter when trying to understand the formation and evolution of...